Medowie Christian School (MCS) is committed to encourage all students find their passion and gifting in their sporting ability. MCS has an excellent PDHPE/Sports program from K-12. Our pathway to All School events is through THACCCSA, CSSA then CIS. With Swimming, Cross Country and Athletics, we also enter students into Touch Football, Soccer, Futsal, Netball, Basketball, Triathlon and Cricket.
MCS is also proud to have their 'Sports Academy', which is a multi-faceted approach in helping support our students reach their full potential.
Initiatives at MCS Sports Academy
MCS Football (Soccer) Academy
Head Coach: Daegal Richardson (Central Coast Mariners)
MCS Running Academy
MCS Cheerleading Academy
- Financial assistance with school fees
- Financial assistance to attend Training Camps (St4 Thredbo, St5 AIS camps or School International sporting trips)
- Financial assistance (uniform, travel, accommodation) if students represent the school at any level higher than CIS, individually or in a team (Please note: this is for school competitions, not external).
- Special consideration for training during school sport
- Sports Psychology, Recovery, Nutrition and PT sessions
- Discounts on physio and massage from Raymond Terrace Physio
- Australian Institute of Sport - Basecamp program
2018 Training Camps
- Term 1 – Stage 4 students only– Altitude Fitness training camp experience, Thredbo – Expressions of Interest are open.
- Term 2 – Stage 5 students only – Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) training camp, Canberra - Expressions of Interest are open.
- July holidays – Year 9 & under International (Vanuatu) Football & Futsal tour - Expressions of Interest are open
Parents ‘Top 10’ tips to nurture and support your child’s sporting development
All parents want to make the right decisions for and with their child. Here are the Australian Institute of Sport top 10 tips for parents to nurture and support their child’s sporting development.